etherCON halo series
Features & Benefits
- Integrated magnetics circuitry within the chassis connector
- Space-saving design, as it removes the need for HF part otherwise required on the customer motherboard.
- Components used: transformers, ferrite core and Bob Smith termination for the automatic termination in case of no cable connection
- Saving costs on PCB (~20 parts)
- Support voltage mode applications
- In case of overvoltage harm, the connector can be exchanged, and the main board is still safe.
- Cat 5e (100Mbits and 1Gbits) transmission performance according to IEEE 802.3, 802.3b, and 802.3ab standards
- Lowest crosstalk attenuation with the use of machined-designed transformer
- Overvoltage protection up to 2 kV.
- Accepts etherCON NE8MC*, NE8MX* or any standard RJ45 plug
- Overvoltage protection >2 kV for 1Gb/s available via optional customer-installed capacitor
- Ground-panel connection
Note: not compatible with etherCON Cat 6 NE8MC6-MO